Christian Living and Outreach
In 2016, our Church had a total of $32,394 in Mission of the Month giving. This is incredible! In addition to the monthly giving, the following activities took place:
- Two meals served to 100-150 homeless brothers and sisters in Madison
- Prepared food bags for all school district children in need for over the winter break
- Purchased gifts for families from the Host a Family tree
- Participated in the Habitat for Humanity build here in Oregon
- We collected household supplies for 70 homeless friends who were moving into apartments
- Participated in a work day at Three Gaits Therapeutic Horsemanship Center
- Collected gifts and participated in Christmas in July parties at Oregon Manor and Sienna Crest Nursing Homes
- Served regularly at the Oregon Food Pantry
- Participated in gleaning at the Dane County Farmers’ Market
- Youth from middle school and high school both participated in mission trips
- Adults participated in a mission trip to Esperanza de Cuernavaca in Mexico
- The Wednesday Night Supper crew prepared meals every week that the schools were in session
- We operated the Sharing Place personal needs pantry on the nights of Wednesday Night Supper
- We participated in an ecumenical food collection for the food pantry, and worked together to sort all the donations after enjoying a meal together
Thank you everyone for your generosity and giving of your time.
In 2017, we are taking a little different approach to missions. The year has been divided into quarters, and each quarter will have a theme. The first quarter has been health, and our missions of the month have been:
- Ronald McDonald House
- Three Gaits Therapeutic Horse Center
- The Healing House.
The next quarters will be: 2nd Q, Hunger; 3rd Q, Environment; and 4th Q, Race
These themes were chosen based on United Methodist social justice principles. If you have any questions, or any suggestions for missions of the month which follow these categories, please either email me at email@example.com, or see me in the office Monday-Thursday. All missions of the month are approved by the Living Our Faith Missions Committee.
Kathy Smith, Director of Christian Living and Outreach